Old 31-07-2013, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels, again

Billy wrote:
And then I put out nuts for the squirrels, who, when I'm lucky, come
while I'm having my morning coffee and watching the birds at the feeder.
Sometimes they go down to the ground where the pampered birds have
dropped sunflower seeds. I've never lost any fruit to a squirrel. All
they do is entertain me.

this past spring i thought we were going to
have more trouble with squirrels because there
were five of them playing in the tree line to
the NE. i've only seen one wander through this
summer and they don't stay long. it's more
open than they like (hawks/eagles).

what we lack in squirrels we make up for in
ground squirrels/chipmunks.

songbird