Old 31-07-2013, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain Radar

On 31/07/13 08:16, Granity wrote:
'Tom Gardner[_2_ Wrote:
;988791']On 30/07/13 21:31, Dave Liquorice wrote:-
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:42:42 +0100, Tom Gardner wrote:
-
Any neat easy painless mechanisms for keeping ~3500 (20 year's worth,
gulp) bookmarks in sync across multiple machines would be welcome -

Well the chances of anything 20 years old still being a valid
bookmark are pretty remote... I think you need an automated method of
going through them for 404's. B-)-

That thought has crossed my mind, but actually some of
them are still valid and useful.

It used to be that if something was old and well-regarded
(i.e. many links to it) then a google search would turn it up.
Unfortunately google is now giving added weight to the new
(i.e unproven quality, transient), so re-locating something
good that's been around for a while is becoming more
problematical.

*-If only google would allow you to search for something
that is /older/ than 1 year, rather than merely less
than one year/month/week/day old.-*

Try using "The Wayback Machine" for archive content

'Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music &
Wayback Machine' (http://archive.org)

I've occasionally used that, but it is missing the point.

Content is (almost) useless if you can't find it via a search engine.