Old 31-07-2013, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Early potatoes

On 2013-07-31 10:20:13 +0000, Martin said:

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:18:25 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
:

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:03:51 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Well I managed to get my early potatoes planted at last, they had shoots
that were 6 to 8 inches long and a fair root system already established,
some I planted just the shoot/root system without a potato at the base,
should be interesting to see which do best, as I believe that in the US
they just plant the shoots as with sweet potatoes.
Before any one says anything I know it's almost August.
David @ a nice damp side of Swansea Bay

Just in time for Xmas

Yes. Just the job. I have my Xmas spuds in as well.
And with this rain they are going to be up, and about soon.

The Dutch forecast is for a prolonged drought.

We've started digging ours and they're delicious! Perhaps I can
persuade Ray to plant some for Christmas Day now!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com