Old 31-07-2013, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default I'm livid

On 30/07/2013 20:40, Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Seems to me you have two or three tactical choices that might get your
message across at this point. Shame you didn't do anything about it when
it happened last year - I get a distinct sense of deja vu here.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Options a

Turn up on his doorstep with a coolbox to collect your share of this
years pea crop thanking him for getting it all in on time. If he refuses
then tell him next year he will have to grow them himself.

Depending how plausible you are (and I suspect not very):

Warn him that in taking everything without talking to you first he also
harvested the inedible sweet pea pods being grown as cut flowers.

Next year grow a heritage variety of garden peas that cannot be
harvested all at once in a single industrial cycle.

BTW is livid a nice shade of green?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown