Old 31-07-2013, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels, again

Frank wrote:
I see they first showed up in Allentown, Pa in 1998:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_marmorated_stink_bug

i've not seen too many of those here. we
have something a bit longer and skinny (similar
otherwise) that we call a squash bug, but perhaps
it is the same bug.

I quit growing peppers a couple of years ago as they were mottling the
peppers and they were small.

i've never seen the type of damage to peppers as
described in the wiki article. we don't grow fruits
other than strawberries.

Hopefully a natural predator will set in and keep them in check.

plenty of them around in the spring and fall, but
the rest of the summer i don't see them much at all.

They are funny coming into the house when fall sets in and leaving in
the spring.

that is what these do too.

they stink like green apples when overly disturbed.

i'll have to capture one and get a good picture
to compare.

songbird