Old 01-08-2013, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default horse chestmut disease

Yes and yes. My daughter and son in law have had to have two massive mature
ones taken down to ground level and one drastically pruned back.

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album=MXJLHSCL

Mike

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

Someone recently mentioned a diseased horse chestnut.
There is a large specimen in our town. 2 years ago the leaves
gradually turned a dark chocolate colour. I kept an eye on it last
summer but there was no sign of it recurring. The tree looked
perfectly healthy. Today I noticed it looking decidedly brown.
Is this a disease? Will it eventually kill the tree?

Pam in Bristol