Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:11:37 PM UTC-4, YP1 wrote:
Hi,

This is my first post so hopefully I'm in the right place! I would

appreciate some advice from someone in the know so here's a little

background.

I'm in the process of choosing my first ride-on mower and have a very

tight budget (£500). I have stumbled across one reasonably locally that

I believe is called an AL-KO 11/30. The seller (not private) took it in

a part-exchange and doesn't know a huge amount about it including what

model it is or how old. I can see it is an AL-KO but the model sticker

is missing. I found a pic online that seems to suggest it's an 11/30.

Please see attached for a pic I took of the prospective purchase today.

It drives well enough and cuts grass well enough so I'm thinking of

going for it. The mechanics look simple enough so I will do all my own

maintenance and servicing.

My only concern is will I be able to get parts? The cutter blade has

taken a few knocks and the seller says first gear can be a bit tricky in

the cold (it was fine when I drove it). Could I struggle to get what I

need.

Ps I will call AL-CO directly but thought I would ask on here to get the

enthusiasts opinion.

Many thanks

Mark

|Filename: ALCO.jpg |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15755|

YP1

Personally, I'd be very reluctant to buy a mower from
someone who doesn't know what model it is, how old it is,
how much use it's had, etc. If this is a mower business and offers
some kind of warranty, that would help, I guess. There should
be a model # on the unit, did you look? If not, perhaps it
was on a plate with the serial # and if it's not there, you
can probably figure out why....

With the model #, you can answer your own question as to if
parts are available. Just look online. Without the model #,
ordering parts, at least online, is going to be impossible.