Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm livid

On 02/08/13 09:57, Sacha wrote:
Do you speak French at home, or English? Or perhaps a mix
of the two? We were sitting near a family on the beach
yesterday and the Italian father spoke Italian to their
young son but English to his wife. I thought what a
lucky child that is to be effortlessly learning two
languages at the same time.

Many years ago my parents knew a family where the mother was German
and the father Egyptian. The children spoke one language with
the father, another with the mother, and family discussions were
held in English.