Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default Rain Radar

On 30/07/2013 11:32, wrote:
In article ,
Tom Gardner wrote:

Oh, you lucky person, you've clearly only got one
machine one location, unlike me

I use 3 machines regularly, and others on occasion, and still manage
to use bookmarks. And, no, they do not share home directories.

Not quite fitting the bill, but LastPass could to some extent be your
friend. It is more suitable for sites that you log in at rather than
general favourites. I can usually find the site, but not the username
and password. I'm not prepared to have the same pword for every site or
postit notes on the screen - some of the only options for those of us
with colanders in the pan.

It is great for this (and does a lot of other stuff too, such as form
filling, secure poassword generation etc.). It remembers the url, the
user name and the pword - securely, in all main browsers and across
platforms and machines. It can remove all the insecure pwords that the
browser holds.

I'd recommend it thoroughly. I've investigated it a fair bit - and have
used it for a couple of years and my logins have never been so secure.
And I'm happy that the cloud based vault is secure enough for me. Those
not prepared to trust the cloud with data at all may vary in that view...