Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default French Beans

On 02/08/2013 13:17, Baz wrote:
Broadback wrote in news:ktfu6t$qi9$1@dont-
email.me:

How do you tell if the above are ready to harvest?

It all depends how you want to eat them.
Some people like the pod (with tiny developing beans inside)
Others like them with small beans inside.
Others like the whole pod and mature bean.
Others like just the mature bean inside the pod and dry them for stews I
think.

What state are yours in? How do you like them?
Mine are long gone, we have eaten them all.

Hope this helps.
Baz

Smallish pods at the moment. I wish to eat them in the pod, however I
know that runner beans go coarse and stringy if left for long, are
french beans similar?