Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Frog-less pond

"kay" wrote

Justadmin88;988994 Wrote:
Thanks for the replies all, I think what I shall do is just got for it,
but make sure the tub has sides over 2ft high! I know this won't
guarantee, but it might at least deter.

If they're in the garden then that's that - as long as they're not out
and hopping when I'm out pottering I should be okay!

Fingers crossed!!

Try putting a mini-water lily and a goldfish in it, and not too much
weed, then it won't be too attractive as a breeding pool.

This shows the sort of water lily you can get to grow in a tub/half barrel
type pond..

http://www.lilieswatergardens.co.uk/?cPath=114_115

and I would recommend Sioux as it changes colour as it ages and is a well
established variety.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.