Old 02-08-2013, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Seaside shrub

"Sacha" wrote

Yesterday, we took the grandson to Blackpool Sands and on the way from the
car park, walking towards the café area, there was a very attractive
silvery grey shrub. It was about 4' tall, not flowering and the foliage was
quite 'soft', not in a new growth way but more as if that was its habit.
I'd say the leaves were probably about Fuchsia size but the colour was
distinctly silver-grey. Ray feels he's seen it before but can't bring its
name to the surface. It's obviously salt tolerant but may be tender away
from the seaside. Would anyone have any ideas from this descriptioon?

One of the Caryopteris hybrids? There are some with silver leaves.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.