Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Seaside shrub

In article ,
says...

On 2013-08-02 18:55:03 +0100, Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote

Yesterday, we took the grandson to Blackpool Sands and on the way from
the car park, walking towards the café area, there was a very
attractive silvery grey shrub. It was about 4' tall, not flowering and
the foliage was quite 'soft', not in a new growth way but more as if
that was its habit. I'd say the leaves were probably about Fuchsia size
but the colour was distinctly silver-grey. Ray feels he's seen it
before but can't bring its name to the surface. It's obviously salt
tolerant but may be tender away from the seaside. Would anyone have
any ideas from this descriptioon?

One of the Caryopteris hybrids? There are some with silver leaves.

I don't recall toothed leaves on the one we saw. Afair, they were
smooth in texture and edges.

Still sounds to me like eleagnus angustifolia

http://www.gardenersworld.com/plants...olia/1802.html

Janet