Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Peanuts

On 03/08/2013 09:20, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
There are lots of Peanut plants growing in my garden. They are
probably from the Jays planting them. I have grown one in a pot but
not in the garden. Some of the plants have reached about a foot high.
I know how they should flower and then bury the nuts.

Has anyone seen this happening in the UK?

Steve

Yes, and I blame the squirrels because we don't often see jays. They
also bury horse chestnuts, which germinate freely :-(