Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Victoria Conlan[_2_] Victoria Conlan[_2_] is offline

Default French Beans

Janet wrote:
I only grew runners this year (three sorts).. slow to get going but
they grew well, flowered well, all that's missing is pollination :-(
They flower but very few form beans. At this rate i'll get a lousy
crop. Yet peas have done really well.

Ours seem to have been late polinating, but are setting beans now.
Peas are also doing very well (And sweet peas)

I've only seen 2 honeybees this year, which might explain lack of
pollination but there are a LOT of bumble bees about.

Tonnes of honey bees on the lavender, but it does seem to be a bumbley
kind of year this year. Don';t see why the bumble bees wouldn't be
polinating your beans, though