Old 03-08-2013, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default OT how much USA peeps are different

Broadback wrote:

When I was in the RAF we were working hand in glove with some Americans.
One bright spark compile a USA/English dictionary.

My dad told me an airline story: Typically, the crew radios in maintenance
issues on a company channel while in-flight, so things can be dealt with
quickly. One day, the report was "elevator jammed." Crash crews alerted,
medics on standby, the whole nine yards. They were talking about a small
dumbwaiter between decks (this was a jumbo jet). Thereafter, this device
was referred to as the "lift."