Old 26-04-2003, 01:20 AM
erik

Default NO TIME FOR poor quality tools

I buy all my hand tools at Sears, NOTHING beats the Craftsman deal. I
bought a digging fork almost twenty years ago, last year I returned the
SIXTH one for a new one. Another half dozen large pruners have been
returned and a couple of shovels. You can't beat it, buy it ONCE and
you're done, when it breaks take it back. They cost a bit more initally
but make up for it in the long run.

I agree... they even gurantee their Craftsman garden hoses... I've taken
back 5 or 6 over the years... even the ones the gardner got with his
mower.

I have TONS of Craftsman hand tools I initally bought between the mid
60's to early 70's I've busted or worn out bunches of times... there are
some common size screwdrivers, sockets, ratchets, dikes, cold chisels &
pin punches I've had replaced under warranty several times a year. Most
of the stuff in moderate to heavy nearly continuous commercial use.

Some of my more critical stuff I have duplicates or even triplicates
of... so I'm not stopped should they fail. It also saves a lot of hassel
when Sears is out of stock when I go in with brokens.

I also have some tool need's that exceed Craftsman's quality offerings,
or that Craftsman just doesn't make... Snap On takes up the slack in
most of these cases... pretty much the same warranty, but you gotta go
find one of their trucks for replacemants. Snap On stuff is all big $$$.

Be aware not all Craftsman tools are covered under the same warranty...
power tools and most, but not all cutting tools are different... read
the labeles or ask first. 'Hand tools' pretty much are all covered
forever.

Just don't ever loose any Craftsman stuff... they don't cover that.

That warranty alone has saved me thousands of dollars... sure hope Sears
hangs on, seems like the place is always void of customers these days.

Erik