Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default Centaurea montana

Am 04.08.2013 17:12, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article ekom.at,
Willi writes
I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Nice picture. That species isn't native here but you'd never guess
because it's very popular in gardens and often seen growing wild.

That sounds like it could be a candidate for your 'weed of the week'
list - I'm looking forward to see pics. I noticed that it isn't
native to GB when I looked up the scientific name. They are not very
rare here also, but then I've never seen them growing in clusters -
always just few and far between.