Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Crocosmia Lucifer and caterpillars.

"Victoria Conlan" wrote in message
Rachel 101 wrote:
Crocosmia without flowering spikes, poster "No Name" (hello, whoever
you are!)

I think that that was me. Hello. I've replaced my email address with my
name, which
may show up a bit better.

Noticed I'm getting crocosmia flower spikes appearing this week, so I
guess they are
just running a little bit late.

Just been out to check. My two clumps of crocosmia are both in flower. The
back flowers on the spikes are open with the rest being in bud. I'm in
north Norfolk. They had a generous dressing of pig poo earlier in the year
when they were dormant.

mark