Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Grrrr....cabbage whites....

In article ,
says...

Lots of cabbage whites in the garden today. I was toying with the idea of a
butterfly net in an attempt to resolve the problem.
Careful examination of the broccoli heads reveal the eggs. They do rinse off
with a bit of effort but it's a slow process and my previous love of
broccoli is waning.

On the flower heads?

They usually lay the eggs close together in a postage stamp sized
patch on the underside of a leaf. I just tear out that small patch. The
hole you leave won't kill the leaf, it's nothing to the ones the
caterpillars would have made.

Janet.