Old 05-08-2013, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Crocosmia Lucifer and caterpillars.

On 2013-08-05 11:56:28 +0100, mark said:

"Victoria Conlan" wrote in message
Rachel 101 wrote:
Crocosmia without flowering spikes, poster "No Name" (hello, whoever
you are!)

I think that that was me. Hello. I've replaced my email address with
my name, which
may show up a bit better.

Noticed I'm getting crocosmia flower spikes appearing this week, so I
guess they are
just running a little bit late.

Just been out to check. My two clumps of crocosmia are both in flower.
The back flowers on the spikes are open with the rest being in bud.
I'm in north Norfolk. They had a generous dressing of pig poo earlier
in the year when they were dormant.

mark

Our C. Lucifer are going over and C.Krakatoa is coming out. No signs
of damage on any of them, so I hope it stays that way!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com