Old 05-08-2013, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Ping Sacha

Talking about Shanklin Theatre David, most of the staff are volunteers and
are trained in various aspects of Theatre management and running said
Theatre. We had a wonderful example of their skill and dedication last night
as reported in out local paper

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/fire...tre-50438.aspx

As the Theatre's 'photographer' I was hoping to add some 'drama' in the next
'Friends of Shanklin Theatre's news letter, but there was nothing to
photograph, it all happened too quickly! There's efficiency for you.

Mike

On 2013-08-02 14:09:13 +0100, News said:

It started that way and would have remained that way, had the original
email David sent me, reached me. He posted here because it didn't and
he wanted to be sure I got the rest. Further conversation on this matter
did go to email. What would you like to write about re your gardening?
It must be riveting stuff as two posts have disrupted your
concentration. Do introduce yourself properly though, as you appear
never to have posted here before. All we know about you so far is that
you're a Virgin.com customer.

1 You must realise that the messages would probably mean nothing to most
people reading them. I think its quite reasonable to point out that
this isn't what usenet is designed for. (Although I realise that is
pretty much a losing battle).

2 I have posted on gardening matters in the past and will again when I
want to ask a question, offer a comment, etc. I've also posted on
matters relating to usenet etiquette in the past and will doubtless do
so again.

3 My name's Andy but of course, I'm probably a dog in real life. I'm
not sure why you feel the need to search the headers of my post, unless
you think I'm a nom de guerre of one of those that seem to joust with
you so frequently. I was asking a perfectly reasonable question; I'm a
real person; I have nothing against you personally.

Interesting that you pick on my ping to Sacha, but totally ignore the
postings about Shanklin theatre, army band displays, reunions and many
more that come from the Isle of Wight.
Or of streams of totally off topic puns that occur from time to time.
Could it be that your ire is more person specific than topic related?

Isn't it time for your mug of Coco and a lie down in a darkened room