Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Grrrr....cabbage whites....

"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...

Lots of cabbage whites in the garden today. I was toying with the idea of
butterfly net in an attempt to resolve the problem.
Careful examination of the broccoli heads reveal the eggs. They do rinse
off
with a bit of effort but it's a slow process and my previous love of
broccoli is waning.

On the flower heads?

They usually lay the eggs close together in a postage stamp sized
patch on the underside of a leaf. I just tear out that small patch. The
hole you leave won't kill the leaf, it's nothing to the ones the
caterpillars would have made.

Janet.

Yes on the flower heads. they are dotted about at random not in a grid like
formation.

mark