Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT how much USA peeps are different

Or if you have made a mistake whilst doing a drawing or writing with a
pencil, ask for, 'A rubber'

Mike

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 11:50:38 +0100, Broadback wrote:

I have subscribe to "rec.food.cooking", as I think several people who
post here are. It makes you realise what a difference there is between
us and them, foreign in all but language and that differs more as time
passes by. do other here agree, or am I wrong?

Just to add to the various apocryphal tales.

When we were visiting the US on business in the '80s we were (with a very
straight face) advised that smokers should not tell their US counterparts
that they would "like to bum a fag" as it did not directly translate.

Cheers

Dave R