Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT how much USA peeps are different

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 21:38:57 +0100, Mike wrote:

When we were visiting the US on business in the '80s we were (with

very straight face) advised that smokers should not tell their US
counterparts that they would "like to bum a fag" as it did not

directly
translate.

Or if you have made a mistake whilst doing a drawing or writing with a
pencil, ask for, 'A rubber'

I got some very strange looks in a beach bar somewhere on the East
Flordia coast when I asked for a coke.

--
Cheers
Dave.