Old 06-08-2013, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early autumn

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:40:05 +0100, Pam Moore wrote:

My japanese anemones have been in flower for a few weeks. I don't ever
remember them flowering in July before. Once they flower I usually think
that summer is on the way out!

Flowering here too now.

The weeks of intense heat, coupled with high winds and hail, have given
everything a ragged, autumnal look. Not to mention we had a vicious
thunder storm while away -- lost contents of fridge and big freezer,
phones still out over a week later -- and there's lots of wood down
including an elm lost. Certainly adds to the dishevelled look! Been
hard work with the chainsaw, too, when there's lots of weeding that
really needs catching up with.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy