Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early autumn

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:16:28 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

I'd guess that a good freezer has enough insulation to make that
unnecessary.

think you only need to cover freezer in the event of a power cut

The bottles of frozen water would probably be better at keeping the
temperature down under power fail conditions.

otherwise won't you be keeping in the heat from the motor?

On all the fridges/freezers I've seen the compressor is exposed to
the air normally at the bottom back of the unit.

I like the frozen bottle on it's side trick. It would require the
freezer to have got *very* warm, a good indicator to chuck everything
all the same. It wouldn't catch the freezer only getting to say -5 C,
which may or may not be a problem anyway.

--
Cheers
Dave.