Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early autumn

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 10:30:57 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On 6 Aug 2013 07:57:41 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

Not to mention we had a vicious thunder storm while away -- lost
contents of fridge and big freezer, ...

How long was te power off, fridges aren't particulary critical for 24
hrs provided you open it as little as possible. Freezers should manage
[]

I don't know how long it was out exactly, but probably 4 days or more.
The freezer has a 72 hour autonomy, as we frequently have pretty long
outages in winter. Stuff in the fridge had mould growing, so the answer
is "long enough."

... phones still out over a week later ...

France Telecom not the fastest then.

That's true, but in their defence they have plenty of work just now.
Tomorrow they are meant to come with the nacelle truck.

... -- and there's lots of wood down including an elm lost.

Nice bit of fire wood for next winter. B-)

There's that. Small comfort, I'm afraid!

Overnight min 7.1 C, unless the room warms up a bit the heating will
come on this evening. Sunny intervals so it probably will just get warm
enough to keep the heating off, plenty of warmth in the sun so 20 C
outside.

Yes, it's gotten markedly colder here too, though not 7! I think we saw
12 last night.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy