Old 06-08-2013, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early autumn

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 13:49:40 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:16:28 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

On 06/08/2013 11:58, Martin wrote:
I'd guess that a good freezer has enough insulation to make that
unnecessary.

think you only need to cover freezer in the event of a power cut
otherwise won't you be keeping in the heat from the motor?

A good point. I doubt if it makes any difference. None of our freezers
are cold to touch.

Nor mine, it's a large Liebherr chest freezer, and very well insulated.

As Pete pointed out earlier in the thread, the worst thing is losing all
of the stuff you've already put hours into. But such is life sometimes.
To keep the bad luck streak going, a neighbour slammed into the side of
my car this morning and stove in both doors. No one hurt and no apparent
structural damage, but it will be a real PITA.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy