Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where are the insects?

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

Took a look at my runner beans this morning, a mass of flower but many
an insect on them, well there were 2 bumble bees on the white flowered
ones and nothing on the red.
a lot of bare stalks where the flowers are aborting. but the peas which
are planted with them are podding up well, there are also sweet peas at
each end of the row (65ft long).

My runners are setting very badly, too, but my climbing French beans
are setting without problem (and they are adjacent). Odd.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.