Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default More Squash Bug Questions

Pulling weeks around the new batch of Cucumbers and Zucchini this morning i am seeing squash bugs again. I looked at the leaves and do not see any eggs (ok not every leaf but a most of them) even on the ones that have holes eaten in them. Have they hatched or have they not laid them yet. The plants are about 3 weeks or so old. The cucumbers are "trailing" with flowers and the zucchini have male flowers. I used Seven dust at the base of the plants and around them with a very light dusting on the leaves. Is there anything else I can do? I don't see any damage at the base of the plant (going into the ground).
MJ