Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Fresh horse sh!t

On 08/08/2013 20:32, Derek Turner wrote:
I have just found a source of fresh horse-doo-doos. This is taken from
the paddock rather than the stable so no straw, shavings, urine etc. just
the poo, very fresh.

So, can I put it straight onto the veggie beds, or do I need to let it
rot down a bit first? Opinions seem to vary.

tia Derek

If you have a compost heap then I would layer it in the heap, it will
improve your compost no end.
Otherwise I'd bag it and leave it a few months.