Old 09-08-2013, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jymesion Jymesion is offline

Default Out of control grape vine!

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:18:59 -0700, Billy
wrote:
No reason to worry about it now. You have to nearly next to devise a
system. Keep in mind that every new bud is a potential cane.

So far my system has only been to wind the two stems back and forth
across the trellis. I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

It's not
unusual for a plant to grow tall and lanky, when looking for sunlight.

Slap me upside the head! I should have known that! I don't know why I
didn't recognize it. The leaf spacing is about 6" apart up to the
window sill, and it's shorter from there on, where they get a lot more
light.

And it's all lanky growth, what I've always called water growth --
thin, tall, and soft.

Thanks!