Old 09-08-2013, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jymesion Jymesion is offline

Default Out of control grape vine!

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:04:34 -0400, Brooklyn1
wrote:

There's tons of info about growing grapes on the net, TONS.

I've found lots. The problem is that none of it applies to my
situation, or at least, I don't see how it applies because mine has to
grow tall and narrow and my main need is for dense foliage. A crop of
grapes isn't going to happen (too little light, too many squirrels).

I particularly haven't found anything about how to handle it when it's
growing so fast.

When fully leafed out coverage is superb, total privacy:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2yxmz9y.jpg

Looks fantastic! You did a great job on it!