Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default Recycle

On 08/08/2013 13:38, Janet wrote:

Over decades I've been given hundreds of used/unwanted plastic pots
by nurseries who would otherwise chuck them and pay business rates for
rubbish disposal. I sort and store them in recycled fish boxes by the
potting tabl. Any I don't want/need I recycle to the local garden club,
or even jumble sales. A stack of clean, same size stacked pots always
finds a new home.

On an almost related note - our council is generally very good on
recycling collections. However, the only thing that puzzles me is that
it refuses to take any black plastic for recycling. Even down to not
taking a whole bag of plastic because it has a single black piece
visible in it.

Does anyone know why they would be allergic to black plastic? (A lot of
my plastic plantpots are black, if anyone's looking for the (almost) on
topic link).

--
regards
andy