Old 09-08-2013, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Out of control grape vine!

Jymesion wrote:
On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:04:34 -0400, Brooklyn1
wrote:

There's tons of info about growing grapes on the net, TONS.

I've found lots. The problem is that none of it applies to my
situation, or at least, I don't see how it applies because mine has to
grow tall and narrow and my main need is for dense foliage. A crop of
grapes isn't going to happen (too little light, too many squirrels).

Squirrels must be particular. I've never see signs of squirrel damage on the
interlakens in my yard.

Pinching off new branches is certainly going to promote growth of the main stem.