Old 26-04-2003, 02:44 AM
montana

Default Wierd Idea??? What do you think?

In article ,
(Mark) wrote:

"Rob Smith" rfsmith@-remove this before sending-alltel.net wrote in message
Hey yeah... I completely forgot about those square watermelons. You got to
admit, that is a cool idea. I mean square melons? That has got to be a
great conversation piece at the picnic. I bet people would go nuts, if
they
pulled up to a roadside stand and saw square (anything).

"Bonsai Veggies, by Farmer Zen Gardener"
--
Rob Smith, NY

I think the Japanese grow their square melons in a box made of Lucite
or some other clear material. Otherwise they'd end up with pale
melons. Can you score some clear 4" pipe for your experiment?

Mark

I had some clear molds that you'd put around a baby zucc or something,
and fasten shut. The veggie would grow and fill in the "face". Your
clear plastic mold would also have to be hinged somehow, so you could
get the danged veggie out without having to put a saw to the plastic to
open it.