Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Tom time

David Hill wrote in
:

I have no doubt I will have better luck offering them to the
neighbours than I've had with the excess runner beans. :-)
Have you ever frozen them?
I used to just drop them into a chest freezer, then use them later
instead of tinned tomatoes.

Do you skin them afterwards, David? We put our frozen ones in the
juicer without skinning and always get annoying bits of skin.
I find skinning them very tedious. Is there an easy way?

Baz

Just dip them in boiling water form a min and the skin peals off
easily whilst the inside stays frozen.

That is genious! Thankyou.
Tried it and had to break some of their skins with my nail, but a squeeze
worked. The skin ended up between my finger and thumb. Then back to the
freezer for the skinless tomato.
One of the best tips I have ever had.

Baz