Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Tom time

On 2013-08-10 08:52:37 +0100, David Hill said:

On 09/08/2013 23:45, kay wrote:
Bob Hobden;989422 Wrote:

I have no doubt I will have better luck offering them to the neighbours
than
I've had with the excess runner beans. :-)

The Portuguese make them into jam. Not green tomato jam, like we do with
late ones that won't ripen, but a sweet red jam made with ripe tomatoes.
I like it as long as I don't know what it is, but as soon as I realise
it's tomato something in my brain says "this is a vegetable. You don't
make jams from vegetables".

Actually Tomatoes are Fruit

I thought I'd read somewhere - maybe here? - that they'd be
reclassified as veg? I prefer the fruit idea - who can resist a Love
Apple?!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com