Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England[_2_] Judith in England[_2_] is offline

Default Recycle

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 13:57:00 +0100, "Indigo"
wrote:

My local council won't take plant pots of any colour. The only

plastic
they do allow in our recycling bin is bottles of various sorts, e.g.
milk, detergents, shampoo or soft drinks, but no veg or fruit

punnets,
yoghurt pots or margarine tubs or hard plastics.

Same here.

From my council's website -

In black bin:

Plastic packaging
Polystyrene
Plastic carrier bags
Yoghurt pots
Butter and margarine tubs
Plastic meat or vegetable trays and punnets
Tupperware or other storage containers

In brown bin:
Glass bottles
Glass jars
Food tins
Drinks cans
Empty aerosols
Plastic bottles
Aluminium foil and foil trays

It is despicable how little plastic they will take for recycling.