Old 10-08-2013, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Victoria Conlan[_2_] Victoria Conlan[_2_] is offline

Default Recycle

Chris Hogg wrote:
Same here. Our council (actually, their recycling contractors) will
only take bottles, even though quite a lot of other things are made of
the same plastics and identified as such (codes 1 & 2). I can only
think that they find most people can't/don't read the codes or can't
be bothered or don't understand, so just lump all plastics together,
which gives the recycler problems in having to separate the different
types. Codes here, if anyone's interested:
http://www.recycle-more.co.uk/images...c_symbols.pdf?

For some reason, filled pasta (regardless of brand) never seems to have
the number marked on it. It will be either 1 or 5, but since I
can recle one of those and not the other, I have* to put it in the
landfill bin