Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathleen Mcintosh Kathleen Mcintosh is offline

Default Recycle

"Victoria Conlan" wrote in message
News wrote:
On an almost related note - our council is generally very good on
recycling collections. However, the only thing that puzzles me is that
it refuses to take any black plastic for recycling. Even down to not
taking a whole bag of plastic because it has a single black piece
visible in it.

That's odd. Our council takes any 1 and 2 plastics, I've never
heard any restrictions on colour or anything.

I have a grey lidded bin for non recyclable rubbish, which includes glass.
I have a blue lidded bin for recycling which takes all plastic except film
and all paper.
I have a brown bin which takes all garden waste where the stem is less the 3
cm wide, and all kitchen waste including cooked and bones. Done on a
fortnight rotation, So on the recycling week we get two bin lorries.

--
Kathy