Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default Recycle

"Judith in England" wrote
Same here.

From my council's website -

In black bin:

Plastic packaging
Polystyrene Plastic carrier bags Yoghurt pots Butter and margarine
tubs Plastic meat or vegetable trays and punnets Tupperware or other
storage containers

In brown bin:
Glass bottles Glass jars Food tins Drinks cans Empty aerosols Plastic
bottles Aluminium foil and foil trays

It is despicable how little plastic they will take for recycling.

I agree.

The colour coding for bins seem to vary quite a bit. Must be confusing
if you move to another area.
Our black bin is for recycling stuff except glass, which we have to take
to a bottle bank. Brown is for green garden waste and we have a green
bin for the rest that has to go to landfill. Wrong way round if you ask
me but the local council started with the green one when we first had
wheelie bins for general waste, some time before they started taking
recycling, so I expect they couldn't change it without causing mass
panic and a rush of indignant letters to the paper.

--
Sue