Old 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter & Jeanne View Post

"kay" wrote in message ...

The Portuguese make them into jam. Not green tomato jam, like we do with
late ones that won't ripen, but a sweet red jam made with ripe tomatoes.
I like it as long as I don't know what it is, but as soon as I realise
it's tomato something in my brain says "this is a vegetable. You don't
make jams from vegetables".

Hence, we lead nicely in to the fruit/veg difference topic - lol.
Think of them as the fruit of the tomato plant - then jamming may be looked
on favourably in your brain (:-)
Have you any tips for coping with carrot jam? ;-)