Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Alliums

In article , nospamigg1937
@yahoo.co.uk says...

I've never grown alliums but have decided to try a few next year.
What are your favourite varieties for reliability and longest
flowering?

I have just bought allium purple sensation. Must get them planted.

http://webassets.rhs.org.uk/content/...lium_hollandic
um_Purple_Sensation_LW?width=510

I never tried them before because I thought the 2 ft stems and large
heads might not survive the high wind we get here; but a couple of
months ago I saw them growing and multiplying in the open, in a far more
exposed windy coastal garden where they had obviously survived for
years.

Janet