Old 11-08-2013, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Look out the runner beans are coming!

On 11/08/2013 18:52, Phil Gurr wrote:
"Saxman" wrote in message
On 11/08/2013 17:57, Broadback wrote:
I have just picked the first of my runner beans, Once they start they
never stop! The freezer will be working overtime the next few weeks.

French green beans have to be superior? Far easier to prepare and can be
used in salads.

Ah! the modern view, convenience is king - bugger the taste!

Phil

I remember that years ago the bean to grow for freezing was Blue Lake, a
stringless climbing French bean that really was stringless, good flavour
and great for freezing.
Still available