Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Look out the runner beans are coming!

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

"Broadback" wrote in message ...

I have just picked the first of my runner beans, Once they start they
never stop! The freezer will be working overtime the next few weeks.

Ours have just started; one picking so far that (only) just fed six.
Lots of old flower stems with no pods :-(

Who remembers salting them down in Kilner Jars?

my MIL did that (in the 60's/70's) and they looked and tasted hideous.

Janet