Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Angelica

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 18:32:03 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I don't know if anyone grows this as an ornamental plant but not only
are the flowers rather spectacular, so worthy of a place in a border,
the bees are just going crazy on it! On one flowerhead alone I counted 7
bumblebees.

Hi Sacha,

We love the stuff. It's self seeding and can be quite invasive, and in
any case never ends up where it's intended! Been working its way out of
a bed onto the grass, a few days ago I threw a bunch of seeds back into
the bed but I expect it will come up on the lawn... Unfortunately we
won't have blooms next year as I haven't spotted any of the first year
form (its biennial I guess).

Butterflies and bees just adore it.
-E

--