Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
I've never grown alliums but have decided to try a few next year.
What are your favourite varieties for reliability and longest
flowering?
A. christophii is my favourite. Remains attractive as the flowers dry And it's very easy, needs no attention, and self-seeds and you get more of it (but not invasively), so can dare to use it for cut flowers. Others I've tried seem to need feeding and watering and such tediousness, and don't propagate as easily.