Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default OT Political correctness gone mad

On 2013-08-12 09:06:31 +0100, Martin said:

On 11 Aug 2013 23:22:00 GMT, Emery Davis
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 15:21:27 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

Here in France all forms are in French only. I don't object to this. It
is France and I take it to be the duty of people who settle here to
learn French.

Darned right! I wish everyone thought as you.

Like the story though. Living here, I find it entirely believable!

In The Netherlands there are many multinational companies and
International Organisations/Agencies, with staff who only work in NL
for comparatively short times. It's not unreasonable to expect the
Dutch tax people to answer phone calls made in English, especially as
they do answer calls, and provide forms, in Moroccan and Turkish etc.
They do/did provide a special office to help International
Agency/Organisation staff with tax problems.

My brief experience of the Netherlands was when I lived in Belgium for
a while. Everyone I encountered seemed to speak excellent English and
French!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com